marriedringsWant to get married?!  Starting Monday, July 1st you can!  You'll need to head to Visalia to receive a marriage license. 

Tulare County Clerk-Recorder. (marriage licenses are not issued in Porterville)
County Civic Center, 221 South Mooney Boulevard, Room 105, Visalia, CA 93291.

Phone (559) 636-5051. We encourage you to call before stopping in and also to review their website for the application and fee schedule.


Many of you have been asking about what happens if you are in a Registered Domestic Partnership now that marriage is once again restored in California. Thanks to Marriage Equality USA, they have put together some great facts and frequently asked questions. To briefly answer the most common question I keep getting; RDP's will continue to be recognized in California. They actually say both are good in case you travel to other states where marriage is still not recognized.

Hopefully you can find all of the information you need HERE.